Quality & Standards - QMS & EMS
Servotest is proud of its long-standing commitment to quality and to customer service. The company is certified to internationally recognised quality and environmental standards and is a member of local industry and trade organisations.
During 2017 Servotest became certified under the new and more stringent 2015 standards of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, a mandatory requirement from September 2018. This is the first major revision of these standards since 2000 and incorporates many changes that were suggested by users and experts from around the globe.
Key elements of the 2015 standards include:
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization’s particular needs achieved by fully understanding the context in which the organisation operates, its interested parties and internal & external influences
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in
- Alignment with other key management system standards through the use of a common structure and core text
Servotest Quality Policy
The primary objective of Servotest Testing Systems Ltd is to provide services that consistently meet or exceed the customer requirements.
To achieve this objective we have installed a Quality Management System based upon the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and including elements of ISO 14001:2015 giving due consideration to the requirements of Health and Safety at Work and Environmental best practice.
It is the company policy to ensure that all employees are fully cognisant of the requirements of the Quality Management System and are appropriately trained to ensure its continued effectiveness.
The System including this Policy is continually monitored and evaluated for its applicability and effectiveness through internal auditing and management review to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure implementation and through continual performance monitoring in line with our continuous improvement aims.
Servotest Environmental Policy Statement
Servotest Testing Systems Ltd designs, tesst and manufactures Hydraulic test equipment from its UK-based manufacturing plant in Thorpe near Egham in Surrey.
Servotest Testing Systems Management is committed to protecting and continual improvement of the environment. To this end we strive to develop environmental friendly designs, manufactured with the minmum environmental impact and we operate a sustainable purchasing policy.
Through our EMS systems we provide a framework for establishing and reviewing environmental objectives demonstrated by:Continual improvement and Pollution prevention.
- Compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Providing a planned approach to Environmental improvement through the company’s Environmental Management system and procedures
- Continual review of environmental effects of processes and developments and planning accordingly
- Identifying and setting objectives and targets to drive improvement
- Maintaining the necessary levels of documentation with external audit
- Our policy and records are available to all staff and members of the public
- Open communication makes environmental information available to all employees via notice boards and is available thought the internal Intranet. Customers and General Public information is available through the company web site or by request
- The EMS system is reviewed by external audit to ensure continuing stability
Servotest holds ISO 9001 (quality) and ISO 14001 (environmental management) certifications approved by the International Organisation for Standards - ISO. Servotest is certified by AJA Registrars who are themselves accredited by UKAS, the United Kingdom Accreditation Service.