Team player to support sales & marketing functions, prepare costings and proposals and undertake activities so that all sales opportunities are responded to accurately & on time.
Responsible to: Sales Director
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Reporting to the Sales Director.
- Sales Proposals preparation duties; including costing and price list updates & reporting, Assist with preparation of technical documentation for tenders.
- Assist with latest sales tools – technical content on quote templates, price lists & marketing collateral for sales team & distributors.
- Attend shows – national & international as required.
- Website technical content – working with Sales Director and outside contractors to review technical content of the website.
- Manage technical content of multiple proposals ensuring we meet deadlines.
- Routine inside sales duties – qualifying technical sales calls into head office,
Recording leads in CRM & allocating to appropriate field sales / agents.
Working knowledge and experience
The candidate is expected to have a strong experience of servo hydraulic equipment - preferably in testing applications. The role will need to bring multiple responsibilities together on time, especially with concurrent sales & marketing activities globally. An understanding of the current CRM platforms (E.g. Salesforce) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) would be essential. The candidate should also be willing to learn new skills and software platforms for future responsibilities. (E.g. ERP systems)
- Work with sales, service & marketing team on multiple projects, to meet their expectations for technical documentation, being the primary point of contact internally for pricelists & component cost updates.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- To read, understand and interpret technical aspects of tenders & prepare technical compliance responses.
- Participate in monthly sales meetings – update on product changes – technical & commercial.
- Liaison with external & in-house teams, subcontractors & suppliers, purchasing & sales.
- Travel to customer & contractors’ sites (UK) as required.
- Degree qualified in Engineering Discipline
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with tender documentation & preparation of technical responses / compliance statements.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively ensuring role requirements are met
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and determination
- Flexible hands on approach as and when necessary
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to travel to customer & contractor sites (UK)
- Team Player with positive active attitude to life
- Experience & Understanding of Servo Hydraulic systems.
- Experience & Understanding of Technical Proposal preparation.
- Experience & Understanding of Tender Processes & responses.
- Experience & Understanding of CRM systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook